View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 12:03 PM   #486
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Laiquendi has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"When Feanor was slain, I was there. When Hurin was captured, I was there. When Gondolin fell, I was there too. But I did not see the battle that toppled Melkor, and only heard about it much later; I fled from that struggle before it began."

Lalaith looked up as she heard these words. All familier to her. She smiled remembering. But a saddness passed as she remembered how Gondolin fell, and the lives that were lost in the battle that saw the end of Melkor.

"Master Balrog" she called across the room, "I hear that you are a creature of old, somewhat like myself. Tis a shame you missed the battle, true it was a great loss to the elven kingdom as many died, but the glory when Melkor finally fell. Though your views may somewhat differ to my own."

She stood and bowed to him, when she looked up a faint silver star apeared upon her forehead but dissapered just as quickly, leaving those who saw it wondering whether they had imagined it.

She smiled again, though slightly apprehensive that she had revealed that much of herself to strangers. But it wasn't everyday that you met one of your first age kin.

She sat back down as Hapman approached her. She nodded a welcome.

"How do?" he smiled. "May I sit here?" He placed himself beside the girl. "Noticed you looking at me. I'm Hapman. Who're you?"

"You may sit if you wish", she surved him as he sat, wondering if he would be of any harm to her. Even though all in the inn seemed friendly you still had to be careful.

"I am Lalaith, and I was merely glancing at you, like the others in this inn. You are?"

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Laiquendi ]

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.