View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 12:47 PM   #513
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

Silvanis looked up at the man who approached, and wasn't too suprised when he spoke his name. This Inn had a way of news spreading about, and he mentally noted that fact. Silvanis nodded and made a slight motion with his mug as he raised it to his lips, silently saying the chair is open. A sip of ale and a thunk of the tankard on the table led to Silvanis saying to the stableman,

'I am somewhat suprised she let you do all that, but then the hard road and long days have been telling on her as well. Her name is Blackveil, and she has a high spirit when she wants to. But I think you may have won favor in her eyes with your gentle care. Be sure to free her to the grasslands before dark or she will have your stable in an uproar.'

Silvanis took another sip before looking at the man turn his eye toward an approaching serving wench. Silvanis went on to say,

' You have me at a disadvantage for your name does not appear on an Inn's log for me to read.'

The stableman grabbed an ale from her tray without paying, so he seemed to have the wench's favor, or at least was taking advantage of a perk of being in the Inn's employ. Silvanis let out a large cloud of his harsh smoke before tamping it on the nearby hearth, when the man offered some of his smoke. Neverminding the facial commen he made of the reek of his ragweed, Silvanis heard him say,

"Here, try some of this, if you’ld like. Southern Star."

As he held out the pouch, Silvanis nodded with a slight smile and took it.

"The name's Derufin."

he said as he offered the smoke and the pouch changed hands. Dipping his pipe into it and coming out with a overflowing bowl, Silvanis slid the pouch back to Derufin and again used the small tinder to torch the leaf up. Offering the stableman first light, letting it burn in a sweet aroma, Silvanis quickly lit his own. A relaxing draw put a smile ln his face as the bluish-grey smoke arose in a haze about the table lamp.

'Good leaf Derufin!'

Silvanis said as he drew again. It had been a few months since he had some Shire leaf...

'Can you locate a good plug of it I could buy?'

Silvanis was relaxing and sipping his ale again, he noticed the stableman again turned to eye the serving wench as she made her rounds. Silvanis looked about the Inn and saw the busy innkeeper caretake the place and ready to serve sandwiches. People coming and going through the door and all the goings on of the inn were strange, but then again Silvanis always had this trouble re-adjusting to being around people after being out in the wild for so long.

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]