View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 05:16 PM   #257
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Silmaril

After a short chat with Fungrim, Hamfast went back into the inn for dinner with Ruby. Hamfast started to sweat and his pulse quickened; his face grew red and couldn't keep a strait face.

Walking to the kitchen, Hamfast saw her. The pure heavenly perfection of absolute beauty, Ruby Brown. Ruby seamed to have freshened up since they met, although this didn't suprise him.

"Good Evening Ruby." Hamfast said as he slightly calmed. A strange feeling that everybody in the Inn was watching him came over Hamfast, a feeling that his arranged dinner with her had been a dream.

"Buttercup, i'm going on my," she paused, thinking for the right word, "break now" Ruby gave a small wink. This cheared Hamfast up as he now knew she wasn't dreading this.

"Uh...shall we sit down then?" Hamfast said with a soft, cool voice. "Alright, there's a secluded spot over here." and she pointed to a table moved far away from the crown, as if moved just seconds before.

Hamfast and Ruby Brown walked uncomfortably twords the table. The table had a small daisy in a glass vase with golden plates waiting for them. Clearly this wasn't makeshift.

"S'hows was you day" Hamfast asked uncomforably as Buttercup came twords them. Before Ruby could answer, buttercup interjected "Scuse me ma'am, but miss aman walks to see you." Ruby gave buttercup a look as to say If i go, you're gonna pay. But buttercup gave ruby a cold look and said in a wisper so Hamfast couldn't hear it "ma'am...she knows."

Shock filled Ruby's face as she stood frozen. Standing up, gasping for breath as if she'd taken a run around the shire she said "I am infinitly sorry for this, but i must go. this is a matter of no small importance. please understand"

Hamfast had a creatfallen face, but with a sigh, he nodded. With a slight shrug, Ruby gave Hamfast a kiss on the cheek and left for the entrance.

"This will not be the last time I shall see you, Ruby! For I am sure i will see angels more than once in my lifetime!" he shouted. Ruby stopped, smiled, and walked off into the distance.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'