View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 09:29 PM   #268
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Melisil

"Do you ride much, my lady? Horses, I mean. I'm fond of them, but don't get to ride; I could never afford to buy a horse, though I could have gotten here a lot faster if I'd had one."

"Horses? Oh I love them! I ride them when I can." Melisil replied happily. Thinking of Melca, her horse, she continued: "Yes, horses are a wonderful thing. So graceful yet strong! I have my horse here. His name is Melca. It's a pity you've never had one though."

"Do you know what time it is?" she started, unsure of how long she had really been here now.

Melisil couldn't think of much else to say at the present, so she stopped, and waited for his reply. As it also had been a very long time since she had been anywhere in the Shire, or Middle-Earth for that matter, without having some message she must deliver, or a place she had to go to, that at this moment she felt peace. No obligations to fufill, no journey to go on, just rest. She did not even feel like doing anything at that moment either way, so she was happy. Peace, calm she thought to herself, are very lovely feelings indeed.

---------------------------------------------

Eocalad

"Good, I hope." he answered to his own question as no one at the table had done so yet. He looked around, thinking that there must be many interesting people in this inn, and he should choose one to talk to.

He stood up, looked around, and walked over to the bar again, This seems to be the area newcomers go to most often. he observed as though he had been here from quite some time. Now I guess I only have but to wait for someone to come in! Eocalad wiggled his fingers as he waited, he was terribly impatient.