View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 11:48 AM   #318
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Crystal smiled, her heart lifting at the fact that she didn't have to give it away.

"You have a fine name Arthur. My name is Crystal, Crystal Heart. From the far reaches of Rohan. I appreciate your hospitality. But is there any way I can repay you for your kind heart?" Crystal asked.

Yet, even though her mouth was working in its normal way of speech, her head was not. Arty-Arthur. That had been his name as well, being called Arty by his dearest friends. Much like this Arthur's friends calling him Angry. It didn't seem to be luck or chance at all. Her mind was screaming that it had been fate, but she just didn't want to believe it.

Besides, he was a hobbit and she a human. What could they have in common?

Loneliness, Crystal thought as she watched the eyes of the hobbit in front of her. He was lonly and she had brought a ray of hope, happiness, companionship in those still slightly drunken eyes. Maybe she was wrong, but she was getting the distinct impression that he was a kind hobbit, even when drunk, and that whenever this stupor from the liquor wore off he would still be the same kindhearted and gentle gentleman that he was protraying at the moment.

She had seen the way he thought about the necklace though, yet that didn't worry her. She felt that her necklace, one of the only things of memory left for her, was safe around him.

She got down from the stool and stood only a foot taller then he. She was a shorter human, her mother had been extremely short and her father had been very tall. It was an interesting match, height wise, and had created a slightly short daughter.

Her eyes laughed at Angry's astonishment of being only a little bit taller then he.

"Not all that tall for a human, am I?" Crystal asked with a laugh.