Old 03-31-2003, 10:08 AM   #103
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Manardariel's post

"Close your eyes"

Why?"

"Just close your eyes." Taurion´s voice was as tender as ever, but there was a hint of amused indignance in it. Smiling, Youlielle shut her eyes. To stay on the horse she was staying with Taurion, she leaned back against him. For a moment, they rode in silence, just two beating hearts and the clip-clap of two horses hooves. It was so peaceful, so divine, in a way.

"Open" Taurion whispered in her ear.

Youlielle´s eyes flew wide open. She gasped for breath.

"Oh, my"

They were standing on a hill top. Under them, in a valley, lay the most beautiful place Youlielle had ever laid eyes on. It was a place obviously Elven, obviously blessed and beautiful. A golden- green light lay over what appeared to be a city. She saw many turrets, balconies, and wide streets. Through the valley, the forest-river, green but glittering like gold in the light of the evening-sun, made its way like a precious collier. In the middle of the city stood a high building, surrounded by many pillars and walls. That had to be the palace, its roof decorated with gold and many different woods. Gardens seem to spring everywhere in the city, there were trees at every corner. It was breathtaking.

"Oh, my" she repeated, but it was almost whisper, mingled with a sigh.

"Well," Taurion said, smiling his quite smile down at her. "Welcome home!"

Welcome home. Welcome HOME. Welcome home. The phrase constantly repeated itself in Youlielle´s head. HOME. This beautiful, breathtaking, incredibly Elven city was her HOME. It was where she belonged. Where she could go when nights where cold and lonely. Where she could sit and cry, and the place would comfort her. Welcome home. It was then that Youlielle realized something she had not been aware of until now. Home was not a place on the map. Home was where she was loved. Where the people lived that meant the world to her.

She looked around. Proud Findereg, looked towards the city. Fin, smiled his careless grin, loving everyone, especially Aenara. Aenara herself, who couldn´t seem to decide between her strict old, and her loving new self, but at this point was smiling so fondly into the world- she looked utterly content. And last, Youlielle looked up to Taurion. His caring eyes. His half- smile. Wind blew in her face, preparing her for a new start, a new future, a new LIFE. But she knew, whatever would happen, here in Taurion´s arms, she would always be at home