View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 05:33 AM   #63
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Time to go thought Telpeheled. It had a horribly final ring to it. He pulled himself upright. I do not wish for these Elves to see me as weak he thought, and walked forward purposefully.

Telpeheled found himself standing next to Maeralagos, the very polite Elf he'd noticed earlier. He looked worried.Interesting thought Telpeheled So 'tis not just me who fears. Time to start my personal quest and cheer him, I believe.

"What is the matter, friend? We are not there yet" he asked with a smile.
"I know," Maeralagos replied hesitantly, "only--do you really think this is going to work? Bordarigorn's plan, I mean--with the Orc arrow? Easterlings are not so unintelligent that that will fool them forever, are they? It has not been my experience... Still, perhaps it is the best move to be made. It will cause an instant reaction, which is really all we need."

Telpeheled considered. Not knowing the pride of the older Elf, how would he consider efforts of counsel? As impertinence or help?

"Yes, That will do exactly." said Maeralagos, his mind apparantly made up.

I may as well tell him, thought Telpeheled as they walked. It will pass the time at least!

"I have experience with Orcs, and I think that you are right. It is the perfect plan, exactly how they act and behave naturally. What happened was..."
As he told the familiar tale and relived the memories, Telpeheled felt strangely comforted. I have survived once, I will do again...
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link