View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 01:07 PM   #179
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Just run, please."

Jerika was ready to refuse in some way, but the way he had said 'please' kept her still and silent. It would have been surly or brusque to just not consider it. Should she leave? Both had given up the second chance, which Anuion supposedly promised. It would be folly to stay. Wasn’t that Jerika though? Staying when it seemed foolish to do so? It was like Jerika to stay until the end, and not give up.

Sighing, Jerika thought to herself, Some days its too hard to be old enough to make decisions, but young enough to hate every consequence.

"Go Jerika! Leave!" Jerika looked up at Kane when he spoke, her dark brown eyes searching his equally determined ones. That was a mean trick to play, with that look in his eyes. Jerika couldn't ignore it. Maybe I should just leave...

"Heroes are made when you make a choice," Jerika heard the words that her mother had told her when she was little. Why her words emerged in Jerika's mind at that moment, Jerika couldn't tell. "Heroes do what is right."

Jerika's face couldn't hide how she felt inside. Indecision could be read from any of her features. Her eyes became lost in thought, and worry grew also. Blind ambition. Pride. Stubborness. I wish I knew which way to go. Some days it's good to be the one and only, but today it's not fair to be the one and lonely.

"Kane..."

"Jerika...go!"

"No. You yourself said that even if I lived against Anuion they'd kill me. Wouldn't I be dying either way? I won't leave you here alone. If you're willing to give up your life to let me run away from this, then I'm willing to give up my life staying," Jerika's voice at first was weak and unsure, but as she became more confident in her choice, her voice and face showed it.

"If you look confident, you can pull off anything, even if you have no idea what you're doing. Don't let them see us at our worst," Jerika continued in a whispered voice to Kane.

Speaking up, Jerika adressed the elves (and one man). "Which of you killed one of our own? He was unarmed, and yet you high, noble elves had the nerve to kill? How much honor can your race claim to have if such is the case? And do we not have the right to take one of your own, since you have taken one of ours?"

Not that Findorak would have helped us. Well, he would have, if it meant less trouble for his future. Jerika reminded herself. The Elves looked dumbfounded as they considered her words.

[ March 09, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]