View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 02:32 PM   #20
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Andreth stared at her father and sighed, "I'll be fine. I really well. The Innkeeper says Gandalf won't be back for a few hours. Plus, he's not even seen Bethberry yet."

"You have lots to do. Go on back to Michel Delving. I promise to introduce myself to Mistress Bethberry. You know Brandir talked to her. You've got nothing to worry about."

Andreth was slowly herding her father towards the door of the Inn, trying to prod him into leaving. Several of the other travellers were turning around and looking in her direction. She was uncomforably aware of their gaze and wanted to sink under the ground.

Her father turned towards the door. "Alright, since you are so anxious to get rid of me."

No, father, that's not true. I love you. Only I don't see anyone else here with a parent." She glanced nervously from side to side. "And I do promise to be good."

She put her head down on her dad's shoulder and whispered, "I'll do what you say and be very careful. You'll be proud of me, I promise.

Then the two hugged each other and said their goodbyes. Andreth sat and watched as she saw her father disappear down the road. She leaned against the wall of the Inn and breathed a sigh. I'll miss him, I'll miss all of them, but I'm free. I'm really free, and Bree is behind me. She felt relieved and pleased with herself.