View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 07:24 PM   #53
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

Alearindu stood shocked for a moment, and then reacted. She dropped her pack on the ground and lunged forward, grabbing a hold of Mornen's mane and holding tight, bracing her feet into the earth. She was hoping to prevent him from falling on the others.

She held tight to Mornen's mane, the coarse hair slicing into her slender fingers and drawing a small amount of blood.

Aleaindu helped as much as she could with the people who were helping Mornen. She whispered soothing words and waited anxiously for them to get him up.

Once he was, she thanked the members, and then led him away slowly from the group. She flexed her stiff fingers which little streams of blood poured from.

Alearindu crouched down and ran her hands gently over Mornen's forelegs. She winced a little and sighed, not being able to do anything at the moment. She patted his chest and leaned against him.

Alearindu glanced back at the others and then called out:

"Master Gandalf! There should be a length of rope or two in my pack if it's needed. I'll be over to help in a moment as soon as I calm Mornen."

Alearindu put Mornen's muzzle between her raw hands and muttered more soothing words to him, until he stopped shaking and the whites around his eyes lessened. She wasn't sure if his legs were injured, so she told him to stay there, and then she walked back over to the group, and towards Gandalf.

"Of what help can I be, Master Gandalf?" She asked him.

[ November 24, 2002: Message edited by: TheLadyAerowen ]