View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 08:45 AM   #75
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aislan felt rather helpless and useless. She helped as much as she could during the company's mishap, but it didn't seem enough to her.

Aislan knew the horse Mornen was alright, but the cuts that dotted a few spots between the horses' hoofs and knees. Some were bloody, but nothing that couldn't be easily fixed. Two of the lovely animal's legs had bandages on them, probably for support.

Aislan smiled and patted Mornen's forhead. Mornen had dark brown eyes, like most horses, but Mornen seemed different from other horses.

Aislan jumped back when someone tapped her shoulder. It was Alearindu.

"Hello. I don't suppose we've been properly introduced. I'm Alearindu. This is Mornen, and he is spoiled rotten." Aislan smiled at Alearindu and shook her hand.

"I am Aislan. Your horse is beautiful!" Aislan commented, telling the absolute truth. Mornen grunted as though he heard.

"Yes, thank you. Anyway, I was just off to a nearby creek to wash his cuts. Would you like to come?" Alearindu looked at Aislan with kindness in her eyes.

"I would love to!" Aislan exclaimed.

Aislan followed Alearindu as she led Aislan and Mornen to a small creek, closer than Aislan had thought it would be. Aislan took a small cloth from her pack and began to dampen it with the water from the stream.

"It was a good idea, with those bandages. He won't get as many cuts, so long as the bushes he passes by are short." Aislan commented, avoiding Mornen's kick as the cloth she held to his leg stung him.