View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 11:33 PM   #371
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

* Calimiel sniffled and sneezed at the dust-encaked tomes, brittle-cracking scrolls and age-warped cedar shelves in the darkened library. Sneezing was at once pleasant and annoying, for although it was an earthy physical sensation, it tickled and she couldn't stop it. * "Come on Anna, no use hiding from Celumëomaryu here, I'll only make too much noise." * Without waiting for an answer, Calimiel broke into a shuffling run in shoes extra heavy after hundreds of lifetimes of Men drifting airily in ghost form. Heedless she plowed down the staircase from which Daerohil's fair calling voice lilted up. *

* Hiding unnoticed in a far corner was Hinura, who allowed herself a small sigh of relief when the two strangers, one of whom was named Anna, retreated from the library. Wondering what her next move might be, Hinura's eyes caught a gentle gleaming. She followed the gleaming to its source: a statue. *

* The statue, mainly of golden granite atop a base of black marble, depicted two male Elves and two females of the race of Men: Fëanor, on the right, standing behind Maladil and placing a hand on Maladil's shoulder. Similarly, Haleth, on the left, standing behind Adela and placing a hand on Adela's' shoulder. Maladil's left hand held Adela's right hand. Maladil's right hand wielded a sword closely resembling OrcBane, the weapon being upraised. Adela's left hand brandished a large iron shield bearing the etched words HAVEN OF LAUREONDO. *

* It being 12:35 a.m., moonlight and starlight wafting through the Western window enabled Hinura to see softly-glowing bluish white ithildin moon rune letters: SING, ONE KEY. *

* Andreth found herself plowed into, but not by the cheery Daerohil. Wheeling around, she faced down two females, very much alive. That's when the small thudding clunk sound of a dropped book echoed. Calimiel bent down with eager hands and arms to pick up the prized book that had made the journey to Castle Maladil with Andreth ... red-bound with letters of gold whose cover bore the name "Laurëondo". An indignant gasp escaped the daughter of Maladil as she looked at / through Andreth's transparent form. * "Hey! My book ... our family book. How did you get hold of it? Well, no harm done, I'll reshelve it in the library, put it back where it belongs, after looking at it in my room for a bit. So long since I've read a book! Ai, but I forget. It's not safe here any longer." * Calimiel trailed off into a remembering mutter, then remembered herself and spoke to Daerohil. * "You called me? Why, stable lad? And who are these people?" * Calimiel looked appraisingly at Aislan, and at Alearindu. *

* Meanwhile, Menelduliniel sat dejectedly on the cold stone stairs. Estelarion stood nearby with arms crossed, tapping his foot. Poppy looked about with catlike curiosity, clinging tight to her lantern. Suddenly, a chill breath moved through the air and stopped directly in front of the group. With an enigmatic grin that nobody could figure out whether it was intended to frighten or reassure, the gaunt but elegant shimmering figure gave a half-bow. * " ... introduce myself ... Butler. Where ... going?"

[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]