View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 08:52 PM   #365
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Beren surveyed himself in the mirror, comforted by the tingle of his freshly washed skin. Surely if he was able to soon scour new clothes, he could pass as rather decent. Blue eyes peered back at his 6 foot frame, his skin slightly lighter than that of the hobbits here in the village.

The sky outside was a brilliant blue, without a cloud though there was a slight chilling wind in the air. Beren decided to leave the confines of his little room in the hopes of not only finding clothes, but also meeting the people of the village. And, if his luck held out as it was, seeing the lovely innkeeper once again.

He strolled out of his room, breathing the air in the corridor from the window to his far right. The stairs a short flight, then down into the main room of the Inn. There were a few people around, but being early in the day there wasn't quite the coming and going as there generally seemed to be at nights in Inns. He was a frequent visitor of Inns, proffering them even to his house when in Gondor, no matter what livelry adorned its walls.

"Well, now I'm in a fix...What was that man's name..Derufin? I can't remember" He silently mumbled to himself. There was certainly no harm in eating at least.

"Ah..miss!" he called to a slightly greying Hobbit-woman. "Are you the server at this establisment?"

"That I am dear sir, my name's Ruby, Ruby Brown. What will you be needing?"

"Well, whatever you have back there is fine. Just something to eat before supper rolls around, you know. Still on the scavage for clothes!."

She looked his ruffled and ripped clothes over with a glance. "Yes..I can certianly see that. Now wait, you weren't that Beren man the innkeeper came in here a raving about are you? She asked Derufin for a tunic and such for you. He'll be around sometime before supper, always is".

"Well then! I'm in rather good shape now, aren't I? So, something to quench the roar of my stomach and I'll be lovely indeed."

"Well Beren, sir, I'll be right back with some-at for you." She said with a smile, dissapearing into the kitchen behind her.