View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 04:41 PM   #126
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I am here dear boy, do not fear." The old man materialised at his shoulder upon his request.

"Where's Faye?"

"No more than ten paces from the Beast. She seems to have much of its attention."

"Then why do I feel that it looks into my very soul Radagast?"

"Because it does. That is part of what makes it so terrible."

The young elf-man held out his sword in front of him, ready to brandish in defence or attack. The blade quivered for the first time in their journey together. "It pours into my mind Radagast. It fills me with fear."

Radagast grasped his own hand over that of his companion so that they both held Angmar. "It is the opposite. I believe it tries to take your courage, your inner strengh and all that makes you more powerful than it. Do not fear Mattius. It draws upon me too. Breathe deeply and think of us as a united force. This of us as one being. All our company." The breaths of the old wizard were heavy but he was determined not to fail. He had become re-aquianted with his powers as well as the world of men during their journey together. He would not let either slip from his grasp again. "Angmar will bring him down. Hold true to yourself and you will weild him for that purpose." He loosed his grip upon hand and hilt. Pulled himself to his full height and the forest was filled with pale blue light.

Faye screamed ahead. Mattius' head cleared and he found himself able to move once more. The forest was alive with the company rushing forth. Radagast waved arms and staff above his head. The light shone out. He used no incantations. The power came from them all he merely channelled it. Mattius began to run toward the Beast. He looked into his eyes but at that moment they held no sway over him. This was the moment. It was time to take on the Beast.