View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 12:28 PM   #201
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Khasia had sat sullenly beside Chani's tree. Long hours crept by while the Painted Sand girl taunted her. Khasia didn't move, didn't speak, just silently turned the dagger over in her hand. She was so angry she could not. Jasara wanted to keep her weak, keep her powerless. Jasara wanted to keep her out of the action and away from any who might someday follow her. She was as powerless here as she had been with the old.

"Don't you even hear me?" came Chani's voice from above her. "Do you have no pride in your people?" Khasia rose, eyes blazing. It was more than she could handle, being insulted by this prisoner, this girl tied to a tree. Moving quickly she thrust the dagger into the tree trunk only a few inches from Chani's face.

"My people have never given me what I wanted. My people will never give me what I want." Chani's eyes were fixed on the dagger quivering in the wood beside her cheek. "I bear little loyalty to my sister today, and you would be wise to remember it." She pulled the dagger back out of the wood and returned to her seat at the foot of the tree. For a time, Chani was silent.
------------------------------------

Pio, could you paste this in before Aylwen's post where she returns with the Painted Sand youth? Thanks much.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!