View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 07:24 PM   #315
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I call Najah and Rijal! No, just kidding. Sophia, you can choose who goes with Khasia and who goes with Jasara. Doesn't matter really. But I think one group should get Najah and one should get Uri, just to make it even/fair. LoL. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I made a post for Jasara after the envoy leaves but before the envoy returns, so it can really go into any one of Pio's saves as long as it is in that time frame. If there isn't space or something, it really isn't a pivotal post or anything.

Quote:
Jasara watched as the envoy left the premises of the encampment, knowing exactly how they would fare against the elders. The girl smirked and bit her lip, turning back to face the young before her. They were all bunched up in one group on the edge of the Eye’s camp, preparing their weapons for the inevitable skirmish that would occur. There was nothing anyone could do to save the situation and turn it into some negotiation, and Jasara knew this from her years living with the elders. They would be stubborn, and they would refuse.

“I heard they tie people to that cart by the wrists and let them starve if they disobey orders,” Jasara could overhear Rijal speaking fretfully to Najah. Jasara had found espionage use in the boy before the real troubles with the elders had began, but now it was beyond her why Rijal was still alive. They should have killed him with the other young and he should have been left hanging upon the tree with the rest of them. Rijal was lucky that Nasir was willing to stand up for him.

“We should have thought of that sooner. I would have enjoyed carrying out such punishment,” Najah replied, grinning wickedly. Najah was pulling out weapon after weapon from her pack, and it seemed that there was no end to the amount of blades she carried when Rijal began dropping the ones Najah had handed to him. Of course Najah would have enjoyed such a clever punishment, but then again there probably wouldn’t be a chance for that if the young and the Eye failed against the elders.

You will not fail. The Eye is with you.

Jasara’s lips turned upward in the slightest of smiles when she recognized the chilling voice. Jasara no longer feared it as she once had. It was with her always, and Jasara had come to enjoy its advice and help. When it told her something, she believed it. Jasara knew the Eye would never lead her astray. Jasara continued to meander throughout the crowds of young, and came to sit next to Uri and across from Nasir. Both were preparing their weapons and readying themselves for battle.

“Here. You almost left this at the last camp. You need to take better care of your weapons,” Nasir grumbled as he handed Jasara a long, curved knife. Jasara rolled her eyes at Nasir and snatched the knife, running her left index finger along its sharpened edge. Jasara smiled at the vision suddenly sent to her by the Eye: the blood of an elder dripping from the blade, and a momentary flash of a crumpled old body just between her and Nasir upon the ground.

“So what are the odds here? How many of us are going to be left, do you think?” Nasir questioned as he stood and began to practice with his sword.

“You of all people won’t need to be worrying about that, trust me,” Jasara murmured lowly, with a knowing look in her dark eyes. Nasir would not be around to see who survived. At least, he would not be among them. Nasir lifted a brow and stopped his practice with worry glistening in his eyes slightly. “Najah, Uri, Khasia, and me. Most of the leaders, no?”

Uri’s eyes lit with amusement as he looked at the suddenly anxious Nasir. Uri chuckled softly before taking his leave to find Najah to arrange a last minute practice for the children if there was time. Jasara continued to fiddle with her knife under the hot sun, feeling just a little sorry for Nasir and whoever else would not live to see another day. Then she shrugged off the notion and left Nasir to go find Khasia.
So if you find time to put that in before the envoy returns but after it leaves, Pio, that would be great. Maybe one of your saves on August 10 at 8:26 would work best.

Thanks,
Aylwen

[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]