View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #118
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sammael arched his back, trying to work out the kinks that being tied up for hours had created. Looking down at his arms, bare nearly to the elbows where his tunic had slipped back, he saw the unmistakable signs of sunburn beginning to show red. He groaned, remembering the only other time he got burned- the first time he had gone to sea with his father. Something to do with the glare of the sea, it had been agony. Desperately he tried to roll his shoulders and make the sleeves fall.

He almost felt Essenia's eyes on him and turned to see her regarding him, and raised an eyebrow quizzically.
"A little help?" he asked, unsure of her reaction.
It seemed she had understood what he wanted, because grudgingly she pushed his sleeves down to his wrists, holding her own arms high to make sure she didn't brush his skin.

Interesting...the ice-woman melts? he wondered.
"I have a terrible crick in my neck..." he said, winking at her.
With a sniff, she shot him a look full of daggers, and slowed her pace slightly so that she was again walking slightly behind him.
"Well, it was worth a try wasn't it?" he asked, turning to Zasfal and shrugging.
Zasfal just stared at him balefully.

"I don't think I'm particularly popular at the moment" Sammael told the back of the cart, the only thing he didn't expect to glare at him. "Even the old man has gone off!"
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link