View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 09:24 AM   #167
Dyrnwyn, Sword of Flame

Pipe

Caligon sat in deep thought. He was tired from his journey and wished only to be left alone. He looked burdened with worries and concerns that no man his age should have yet to carry. Quite suddenly someone began speaking to him. He looked up, but found it hard to focus his mind and his sight on the person. Finally, he saw that it was a young woman.

After guessing correctly that he was from Minas Tirith, she asked, "Perhaps, if you do not mind my intrusion, you would give me news of that region?" Caligon did, in fact, mind the intrusion. He looked at the girl with an expression of both aggravation and confusion.She wants me to tell her news from Minas Tirith? I have not the energy, thought Caligon, not wanting to relate so much news to the girl. She must have read his thoughts, for she spoke again, "My father... I want... I wish news about my father. His name is Eodane. He is a delegate to Minas Tirith from Rohan. Do you know him? Is he in good health?"

Caligon allowed himself a little smile. He was quiet relieved. "Indeed, I know of your father, though I do not know him personally. He was in the City when last I was there, some two weeks ago. And as far as I know, in fine health." After hearing the news the girl was very relieved. Caligon allowed himself another little smile. Noticing the young girl was still standing, he asked her to sit, and after doing so, Caligon inquired as to her name. "It's Laurie," she told him. "My name is Laurie."

She was quite beautiful, and something about her touched Caligon deeply. Something stirred deep in his soul. It was such a subtle thing, however, that he hardly noticed it at all. It was more of a thought, a feeling in the depths of his heart, or an idea in the back of his mind.

[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: Dyrnwyn, Sword of Flame ]