View Single Post
Old 03-14-2003, 08:39 AM   #382
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Sharon,

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, I didn't mean to and I should have put a smilie after "bamboozle" [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The mist-thing would be okay.

I logged on to propose that I spend tomorrow morning canvassing the thread and analyzing the changes that would be necessary to accomodate the aliases, and submitting a proposal for the changes to this thread to be judged by all concerned. Honestly, I think I can do it by very minor edits to less than ten posts. Maybe even around five.
(We did that sort of thing on the Star more than once, didn't we?)

But if that gives everybody the willies, then the settling mist will do.

I love ya, Sharon. I know you know that. It's just that I'm already losing sleep over this, and I need to resolve it somehow. Don't take it personally. I'm in the story because I love it, and I love you guys.

(This is bugging me so much, I actually considered proposing going back through and deleting Frodo altogether-- if Bilbo came alone, it would make everything work, I think; he's quieter, and it would look more like a wild rumor, etc etc. At least it would clear my conscience, since I'm not writing Bilbo, except as he interacts with Frodo. But-- I figured you would go through the roof if I even menioned deleting Frodo from the story, and there's all of Orual's hard work that would be affected, and so I dropped that idea.)

But... the mist thing would work too.

No hard feelings, Sharon?