View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 10:42 AM   #16
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Piosenniel's post:

"The little ones are tired, Mistress Piosenniel, and to be honest so am I."

Gilly stood yawning by Pio's side, the babies in their basket hanging from one hand. She had dark circles under her eyes and she knuckled her eyes with her free hand, hoping to keep them from drooping.

Pio stood at the gift table for the twins, fingering the lovely and thoughtful presents the Shire folk had made for her children. She glanced over to where Maura and Cami stood, their arms about each other's waists receiving the congratulations of the guests. There were hugs and kisses on the cheek for the bride and handshakes with slaps on the back for Maura. She caught Cami's eye for a moment, and smiling sent her an image - a familiar toothy visage with a puff of smoke escaping its nostril winking impishly at her in a congratulatory manner.

She looked down at Gilly, and bending close gave her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. "You are a treasure, Gillyflower Took. I cannot think what I would do without you!" Gilly blushed at the unexpected compliment, and wondered how much of the Old Winyards her mistress had downed that day.

'Not a drop, Miz Gilly!' came the unexpected reply. Gilly looked up to see Pio grinning at her, and grinned back. 'I have stayed with the iced tea and lemon-ade today.' She laughed, reaching down to smooth the hair on her daughter's head. 'We would not want the little one's to be tipsy, would we?'

Pio took one of the blankets from the gift table and placing the basket on the gift table, tucked the soft wrap carefuly around the two babies. 'Take them and your self to Amaranthas' house, Gilly. Get some rest, the lot of you. I will come later, when the party has wound down, and we will all stay another night at her house.'

Gilly adjusted the shawl she had put on around her shoulder, drawing it more securely about her as the cool night breezes came up. 'Would you like me to walk with you to the house,' offered Pio. 'or have someone to go with you to see you safely there?'

'No, no need for that,' scoffed Gilly at the offer. 'It's only across the road and I could walk there blindfolded, I've been back and forth so many times today.'

Pio bent down and kissed the two heads just barely sticking out beyond the cover. Sweet dreamings! Your amme will come to you soon.

Gilly took the basket in her hand and trudged slowly down the path to the gate. She waved her hand at Pio in the distance as she opened it and turning east, slipped quickly across the path to the house beyond.

[ June 19, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]