View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 10:44 AM   #18
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Himaran's post

Frodo-lad had bored quickly of the small game of tag; finding himself once again looking for Piosenniel. Perhaps it was just a coincidence, or maybe it was his own imagination, but seemed to him that wherever she went, excitement and adventure could be found.

After carefully scanning the party, his eyes saw Pio conversing with another hobbit, Gilly Took. He walked slowly towards them, and crawled under several tables to reach them. Crouching behind a barrel, he overheard part of their discussion.

"Take them and your self to Amaranthas’ house, Gilly. Get some rest, the lot of you. I will come later, when the party has wound down, and we will all stay another night at her house;" Piosenniel was saying. The elf asked if Gilly would like someone to accompany her to the house, and she politely declined the offer.

"No, no need for that, It’s only across the road and I could walk there blindfolded, I’ve been back and forth so many times today."
This appeared to satisfy Pio, and Gilly left with the twins.

Frodo-lad had nearly leapt up and asked if he could go with Gilly, but was too shy to do so. He certainly did not want Pio to find out he had been spying on her. But then an idea popped into his head. He could go with Gilly anyway! He would merely go for a walk, and then head over to Amaranthas’ house. He might stay outside, but he felt (in a strange way) partially responsible for the safety of the twins.

Frodo-lad waited until Pio had gone, and then slipped out from his hiding place and hurried out of Bag End. He soon spotted Gilly, and followed some ways behind her. When she reached (and entered) the house, Frodo-lad crept over to a window, and saw Gilly sit back in the armchair.

The warmth of the late evening, mixed with the walk from his secret journey, soon caused Frodo-lad to yawn and sit back against a tree. Within minutes he was asleep.

[ June 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]