View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 01:10 PM   #128
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

*****Rivendell*****

Ciri, Elladan, Elrohir, Fanelen, and Erestor were nearly finished with their meal when a young hobbit came rushing into the chamber, accompanied by the doorwarden of Rivendell.

"My lords," the elf said, bowing to Erestor and the sons of Elrond. "Ladies," bowing again. Ciri and Erestor exchanged looks - this doorwarden was a pompous fellow, fond of ceremony and pointless folderol. "This hobbit has brought a message for you from the land of the Halflings."

The hobbit, a young lad with curly brown hair stepped forward and bowed clumsily. "The king has summoned some of our folk to his side in Gondor," he began nervously. "And as ye are all going the same place, I have been sent to ask ye elves to wait for the hobbits and the dwarves of the Blue Mountains."

"Dwarves?" Fanelen said, sounding surprised and annoyed. "We will wait for your folk, but no dwarves."

The hobbit's face fell. Ciri, seeing his obvious disappointment, stood. "Friends, for the sake of the Shirefolk, we shall endure the company of the Dwarves. Are we not all grown Elves? I'm sure that a few dwarves will not be too much of a problem."

Glares erupted from around the table, but Ciri stood firm. They would travel with the hobbits and the dwarves.