Old 10-05-2002, 07:37 PM   #142
Guildo
Wight

Guildo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Guildo
Tolkien

<<<<<Eryn Lasgalen>>>>>

Orodan & Nefros

Both Orodan and Nefros knew they where being followed and both knew it was the queen spider.
Orodan thought to himself that she would not attack once she saw the size of the party.

Nefros on the other hand got a bit cocky for the first time on the trip and thought to himself the moment the Spider or Spiders spot Orodan they will run for their lives, for Orodans face had become most familiar to the Mirkwood Spiders; he had slain more of them than perhaps anyone, and to the Spiders Orodans face was associated only with death.

Stonehelm had called every one around him and, the only two that where not certain there would be a battle was Orodan and Nefros.

Orodan Cautiously with his hand on the handle of his sword walked to the party of men and dwarves all at arms.

Nefros had a small smirk on his face, thinking to himself “they’ll gain a new respect for my master when they see the spiders run at the sight of him.”

Finally after what seemed like minutes but was in fact seconds, the Queen Spider came within sight of the entire party and was dead still. She was looking straight into the eyes of Orodan and smiling (or what seemed to be a smile.)

Orodan stared directly back, but with his ears heard the sound of many others; twenty maybe thirty other spiders, heading straight in his direction.

This was the moment Orodan and Nefros both realized the real plot of the Spiders. The two elves turned and looked each other dead in the eyes both with expression of anticipation and fear.

Orodan drew his long sword; Nefros drew his two short swords.

The entire party turned and looked at them draw their weapons, which for the dwarves only heightened their readiness to fight.

Orodan shouted, “Prepare your selves my friends, to fight ALL the spiders of this wood.”

Nefros shouted, “And they seek ONLY master Orodan.”

Glen Sight