View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 06:04 PM   #266
Isilya
Wight

Location: At the bottom of a black hole. Actually, it's quite nice. Hey, is that Elvis?!
Isilya has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Isilya
Silmaril

******MIRKWOOD CONTINGENT*******

"What's this? I wonder . . . Thoron, come here."
Two men stood in a clearing, leaning over a mass of cloth.
"I wonder what it could be? Turn it over."
Thoron obeyed his master's command, and though he was surprised by what saw, he felt that, in a way, he knew what was coming.
"Sire, it's a body . . . an elf maiden's body. She seems to be alive, but unconcious. Should we bring her along, or would she be a burden?"
"Yes, I think that would be best to bring her. We can help her recover, if she is able to. There is rumor of a large gathering of Middle-Earth in Minas Anor. I'd say that she's one of the travelling parties, but which one, I cannot say."
"If she is, sire, then the rest of the party will surely be glad to see her alive."

Though Isilya's body was still, her mind was alive, thoughts ran through her mind. She was trying to piece together what had happened in the last day, had it been a day?, but the only thing she was sure of was a distant melody. It sounded so familiar, like home, yet it was so faint. The music was becoming softer and softer, and light began to creep it's way into her eyes. She looked around, she had not seen this terrain before, and she did not recognize the man in the horse in front of her, and there was something uncomfortable about whatever was surrounding her.
"Ah, you're awake at last!" A voice came from behind her. She attempted to turn her head, but the muscles were stiff, and she could only look forward.
"Sire, we should stop. The maiden has come around." The man in front turned his horse and headed towards Isilya.
"My lady, how good of you to awaken. Thoron, get out the food."
The man in front of her had now dismounted and was lending his arm to her as she descended, rather clumsily, from the horse. He led her to a small clearing in the woods, and she sat as Thoron prepared a small meal. He leaned forward to hand her the food, the music came back, and all was dark again.