View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 04:13 AM   #371
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

***** DALE - Jarl *****

Jarl walked slowly back to his room. He wanted badly to go to be in Minas Anor for the meeting with the King. But something was up here, that he could not quite make out. Why was Urken so interested in Al-Gareth? And what were these 'details' he had offered to reveal during the voyage.

He entered the suite and sat in a chair by the window. His fingers were steepled, and the tips of his index fingers tapped lightly on his lips as he sat and thought about his next move.

Gramil had come in, and Jarl called to him. 'I ran into a very intresting person today, or rather I should say, he made it his business to run into me. Urken, he called himself.' Jarl rubbed his chin thoughtfully. 'He made a very interesting proposition to me. he made it clear that it would be mutually beneficial if I were to sail to Minas Anor for the King's audience, and bring Al-Gareth. He, of course, offered to take any of my companions, but he specifically asked for Al-Gareth.'

He stared out the window, at the traffic passing beneath it, as if it were the most important sight in the world. He turned his head to look at Gramil.

'Why do you think that is?' he asked