View Single Post
Old 11-05-2002, 12:05 PM   #393
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

^^^^^^Erebor^^^^^^

'Well met!' he cried in a great voice to them. ‘I bid you welcome in the name of King Elessar!’

Frain listened not to the voice, for his eyes were the only things at work. He may have been greatly tired, yet the White City made him feel awake as ever. They had made it! All those long hours and days, all those hard times, and what a way to be rewarded! A beautiful city lay before them, as Frain stood on his tippy-toes to see above the railing of the boat.

Frain could hardly wait to see the rest of the city. Especially since the expanse of what he saw then was so lovely. From his spot on the deck and his view as he stepped off the boat, white birds flew around and sunlight glittered off the top of a tower. Some of the houses looked battered and beaten, probably whatever was left of the Great War of the Rings. Yet those were being fixed. The city seemed so busy, Frain was reminded of home.

So, we have made it. Frain said aloud.

Yes, and hopefully the worst is over. Frain heard Hringa behind him.

This is beautiful. Yet still, home is where the heart is, right? Frain answered.

I should hope so. Yet I am comfortable being here, so long as we shall stay a while. Hringa smiled.

Frain closed his eyes and remembered home. He was glad to be here too, he realized.

He wondered what other delagates had come as of this day. What would become of them during the Audience?

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]