Thread: Rivendell RPG
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 05:12 AM   #372
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"Come Elenna, I am waiting for you..."
Lindir desperately made his horse go faster. It was a human horse and didnt respond to elvish commands so he had to kick it, something he resented. The Uruks horrible laughter filled his head again and he tried to shut it out, shuddering. He had been riding solidly for almost an entire day and ached all over but had to go on. He couldnt even see Elenna and Glorfindel yet, as it was hilly land; they could be 1 km away or 100 km away for all he knew.
Shaking his head he tried to clear away the sweat in his eyes...and the thoughts in his head. He hadnt had time to properly think and it was all coming back....everything....
Lindir shook his head again to shake away the thoughts and reached the top of the hill, dismounting to drink from a small spring.
The raven haired elf could see everything for miles around. Beautiful forests, winding rivers, occasional animals wandering over the land, even, in the far distance, Rivendell itself. But in front of him...
Gasping he saw two figures dismounting a horse. Straining his eyes he saw one was male, one female, and coming towards them, hideous even at a distance was the miniture figure of an Uruk...holding something, a small wriggling bundle, like a child.
No not a child. A hobbit.
In a flash he mounted the horse again and the horse seemed to sense the urgency, racing ahead. But there was a terribly sense of foreboding inside the young elf...he wasnt going to get there in time...