View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 04:14 PM   #35
Dininziliel
Wight

Dininziliel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

[quote] It's like he was hearing the advice, but he wasn't listening to it. He know what they were saying, but he either didn't understand it, or he refused to understand it. Do you see what I mean?/QUOTE]

Quote:
Yes, I understand what you are trying to say. I just think you are wrong. How about one of these instead:

Unwise
Stubborn
Short-sighted
Overbold
Misguided
Perhaps both of these perspectives could be talking about the type of ignorance that comes from denial--you know something somewhere in your head, but it doesn't apply to you because the idea of something happening or not happening is just too much to deal with. I guess it's the kind of denial that this famous phrase refers to: "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

The Ring would use denial--the Ring uses anything and everything to keep us into our small "s" selves and to turn us from Love/God or the large "S" Selves which would be the one connected to Love/God through others.

I'm gonna have to find more concrete examples when I get home and have my books. I know this sounds rather waffly.