View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 07:01 AM   #40
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Since this theme has been discussed over and over again, and there are still open threads to which you may add your opinion, I am closing this one.

The previous threads on Tolkien and religion that are still open are those that were able to stay on the topic of Tolkien, not just preaching personal opinions on religion. Also, they were the ones that were conducted with respect for the opinions of others, since many members who were of widely diversified opinions participated. (As soon as people began insulting each other personally, the threads were closed – and there were several of those.) And thirdly, they were the ones that had something thoughtful, original and well-thought out to say, so that they weren’t redundant.

I ask all newcomers to read before they post, and to use the search function at the top right of the page. If you enter any of the following words, you will find an abundance of discussion on this topic: Christianity, Bible, religion, theology. Again, before you post on those threads, please read through what has been previously written. You expect others to read your posts, so you should do them the courtesy to read theirs.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'