Old 02-10-2004, 07:07 PM   #63
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally posted by The Barrow-Wight
Because The Barrow-Downs is a site and forum dedicated to the books of J.R.R. Tolkien, topics about the movies are less important, but they are not unimportant. That's why we have kept THE MOVIES forum and will encourage people to enjoy talking about the films.
That is fair, and understandable, but I still think that the movies forum should be restored, not simply to help my post count but because I believe that even though the movies are not as important as the books, the movies forum is important to some people, especially myself. The books forum is very intimidating, but the movies forum is exactly the opposite, and even though it isn't being taken away, I feel that it is unfair to simply clear out a whole forum just because it wasn't necessarily filled with loads of stimulating posts and was more full of general discussion that anyone on this forum could participate in. There was plenty of meaningful discussion in all those topics that are now gone, even though they weren't simply literature based. I don't think it is right to just delete all those threads, cleaning them out I could understand, but wiping the slate completely clean seems ridiculous to me.