View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 09:16 PM   #63
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
"Aelimur, you say this as a drunken man! No, it does not seem as though there is another way, but there is. There must be." Ferethor said in anger, "Aelimur, you can go; But I still need to talk to Maen a bit more about this."

Aelimur, who backed off slightly in the face of Ferethor's wrath, ventured to ask. "Yet we were unable to stay this madness. What is to be done? Let us take thought and counsel each other." At that, Ferethor laughed bitterly. "You always counsel prudence, Aelimur. Alas, my comrade, yet at some moment prudence must fail - for the eyes that only gaze to easier path are ever closed. Indeed what advice canst thou give?"

Aelimur kept silent, knowing that Ferethor's fiery anger will abate into cold, logical thoughts. "I'd have to contact the Archives Guards." He said with distaste. "Flattery, bribes, threats... Whatever it takes, sicne we cannot reveal our secret errand. May Morgoth take camouflages we have to assume! Yet how can I shake off that ranger, Atharen?"

Aelimur suggested, "It is perilous for you to stray out of the company, since they keep such watch on you. Allow me to go in thy stead," Ferethor waved his hand in denial, his lips curling in a half-smile. "You've made nothign but enemies in your service. Next time, if there is one, alway remember - ally yourself with a powerful source. They may come in useful." With a military snap, he cast his cloak about his shoulder and turned to go.

"Stay!" Turning swiftly, Ferethor said, "We need haste. Be quick." Aelimur asked, "Were you joking when you said you'd do what you can to bribe or intimidate the guards?" After an incredulous pause, Ferethor said, "Hard tasks need hard ways." As he was leaving, he called out, "Aelimur, Manwe keep you safe!" Aelimur meditated cynically a moment, wondering who at the moment needed the protection of the Valars. Shrugging, he walked over to Maen.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 02-12-2004 at 08:38 PM.