View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 07:55 AM   #24
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
He had a temper, Melkor found this out the hard when he had the door slammed in his face attempting to get to the Silmarils.
Throughout the entire rest of the Silm, I never once laughed as hard as I did when I read that part! I mean, this Elf (I don't care if he was the 'best' of all Children) just slams his door in Melkor's face! It was great. And people criticize Feanor... He slammed a door in the Supreme Bad Guy's face!

Okay, I think I've exausted the door/face subject now though. And I don't really think that Feanor is overrated, and he's not really a bad guy. He was just corrupt. (full definitions and descriptions and examples of 'corrupt', 'good', and 'evil' can be found on the thread All Those Good Guys). Being corrupted (especially by someone as powerful as Melkor) is like being drunk (sort of). You get the straight path of 'goodness', and you get the twisted and distorted path of 'wrong'. If you're drunk/corrupt, you won't be able to walk that straight line no matter how hard you try! (Unless you're only a teensy bit corrupt... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) Feanor was corrupted by Melkor, and the loss of the Trees, the rape of the Silms, and the murder of his dad sent him over the deep end. So now we have a corrupt nutcase with a really bad temper, and he wants his treasure back, not to mention satisfaction for the killing of his father. Does it really surprise anyone that Feanor did all of the stuff that he did?

Fea