Thread: FOTR - sh*te
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2001, 06:08 AM   #10
kensei

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><BR>The control of the Ring wont come until later in the Second and Third movies. <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>?????????<BR>I mentioned the DESIRE of the ring, not its control.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><BR>There were three or four major themes YOU left out of your WONDERFUL list SIR. <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It would be difficult for one person to get them all, and people have different perceptions and so forth. Does their omission make my list wrong? Loyalty is one I criminally overlooked, I agree. But it's not just Sam's, and it was also handled badly. Aragorn would not have just let Frodo walk off like that. Because of all the things you mention.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>He also regrets trying to take the ring from Frodo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>But it MAKES NO SENSE WHY. <BR>He is obviously going to take the ring from the start. Beyond obvious. In the book it is more subtle. Those that say Boromir was a conflict is supplementing the film with their knowledge from the books. He had a few token shows of kindness. This does not a conflicted chracter make.<P>And Merry and Pippin often performed a quasi-comic role in the books, but never quite as cringe worthy as in the film. <P>HOW TO MAKE A BY NUMBERS HOLLYWOOD FILM.<P>GOOD GUYS<BR>BAD GUYS <BR>LOVE INTEREST<BR>HUMOUROUS ASIDE CHARCATERS<BR>COPIOUS SPECIAL EFFECTS<P><BR>They've just shoved Lord of The Rings in to this box (please feel free to add to that list, it's by no means definitive), made any changes necessary to do so and it doesn't belong there, nosiree.