View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 11:57 AM   #39
GreyIstar
Wight

GreyIstar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I thought he was off, but not that far off. He could have been improved by speaking about Boromir and Denethor more (extended edition). Remember that Osgiliath was under attack. Faramir hadn't made his decision yet, obvious choice to bring Frodo and Sam along with him. No, it didn't happen in the book but it's a slight adaptation.<BR>He let Frodo go in the end, he forfeited his life. Plus, he drove away that winged wraith so the audience already knows he's a hero in the making.<P>Think back to last year. One word: Galadriel. Extended edition? It's going to work. I am confident.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I concur but we are in the minority here. In the book he does say he must decide if is take the Hobbits back to Gondor or face a forfeit of his life. In the movie he seems to be still deciding when they come and say Osgiliath is being sieged so he is kinda forced to. I agree the fact that he would be killed came if he let them go came too late in the scene. It needed to be earlier.(Extended)

"Dangerous!" cried Gandalf. "And so am I, very dangerous: more dangerous than anything you will ever meet, unless you are brought alive before the seat of the Dark Lord."
GreyIstar is offline   Reply With Quote