View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 11:33 PM   #50
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

I feel that to a great extent, substance was sacrificed for style, yet I hardly feel a twinge of anger. Perhaps I am somewhat shallow, but I am also a realist: the movie was <I>fun</I> to watch, and, having read and re-read the books, I found myself <I>wanting</I> to see PJ's changes, if only to be continuously surprised. <BR> If there was one movie out of the three that had to be more about kicking a$$ that spiritual depth and character development, it had to be TTT. So why don't you all stop aiming those rotten eggs at PJ's head, and wait for "RotK"?<BR> Therefore, my only real complaint can be summer up in one line: "Where the hell was Narsil?"<BR> P.S. <B>Losthuniel</B>, I respect you a lot, babe, and your posts are always fun to read, but if you feel that the interlude between Aragorn and Arwen can be constituted as "making out," I am beginning to fear for sex ed! Furthermore, since when does kissing explicity imply violation of chastity? And even furthermore, since when did chastity become so highly rated? Just food for thought.