View Single Post
Old 02-21-2002, 12:11 AM   #39
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Ring

I heard that the DVD is released August 6th and the directors cut is coming out in November. I can't wait that long for the movie, naturally, so i am going to download it as soon as possible. (loving my fast comp and DSL!) <P>That pic of Treebeard looks like something out of a kid's cartoon show. I thought Treebeard was supposed to be more serious looking than that! LOL, we'll see...<P>The movie and the book are both fantastic . The only good thing about seeing the movie before i read the book was that i was able to appreciate the movie for its own sake, and not measure its quality solely based on how well it matches the novel. The things that were left out of Fellowship-i'd say that they were definitly missing, but not missed...the movie was incredible, and even though the books are a lot better, they are good in their own ways, it's almost like they are two separate things. It's the story that matters...the story is what is so moving and so grand.<P>Anyway...ooohh, this thread could be a spoiler for me, because many of you are discussing the later plot in the story, and i'm only on the beginning of Two Towers right now (i'm on the Treebeard chapter)...maybe i should stay away from here til i finish the books...

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote