View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 05:57 PM   #3
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Hmmm. Well, I don't know, do they?<P>NO!!! Of course they don't. And just for you, nPill, here's a list of how:<P>-Tom Bombadil<BR>-Frodo's response to the ring, and his previous knowledge (that of Sauron's death)<BR>-The Party (response to Bilbo's speech, and the speech itself)<BR>-Merry and Pippin: turned into theives and unaquinted with Frodo<BR>-Where's Fatty Bolger?<BR>-Planning to meet Gandalf at Bree<BR>-Aragorn not carrying the shards of Narsil<BR>-Aragorn's overall lack of spirit and enthusiasm in taking the crown of Gondor<BR>-Arwen as superelf (replacing Glorfindel, the funky make-out scene in TTT)<BR>-The butchery of the Council of Elrond<BR>-Galadriel's appearance as an evil witch, and the darkness of Lothlorien<BR>-Frodo solving the riddle at the west gate<BR>-the fellowship going <I>down</I> at the split in the Moria road. (Gandalf should have known better)<BR>-Frodo and Gandalf's little talk on the steps in Moria (belonged in Shadow of the Past)<BR>-Faramir's bewitchment<BR>-Theoden possessed<BR>-Entmoot refusing to help<BR>-Frodo offering the ring to a Nazgul at Osgiliath<BR>-The overwhelming length and drama at Helm's Deep<BR>-The lack of Huorns at helms Deep<BR>-The lack of Eomer at Helm's Deep<BR>-The extreme surplus of elves at Helm's Deep<BR>-Elrond's cruel demeanor towards his daughter<BR>-Galadriel saying that the quest will claim Frodo's life<BR>-The fact that the TTT movie cut of about half way through each book<P><BR>I could list things for hours and hours. But I think that's enough now.<P>Iarwain<P>P.S. I'm not saying I could have done better necessarily, so don't criticize me for complaining.<P>P.P.S. Just a guess, but I'm thinking Estelyn is going to close this thread pretty soon.<p>[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]