Thread: Painful beauty
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 01:17 PM   #18
Eothain Elfwine
Animated Skeleton

Eothain Elfwine has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Elannar Starfire, I completely agree about some of the bits you mentioned:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> "Don't go where I can't follow"<BR>Charge of the Rohirrim<BR>Pippin's song<BR>Faramir being sent away<BR>The Grey Havens<BR>Pippin and Merry being separated<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Pippin and Merry's parting was very well done in the movie, Pippin losing his friend who was also his strength and intelligence, really, and having to learn to stand on his own.<BR>Cibbwin, I really like this comment of yours:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>However, it felt good, almost, hearing Eowyn cry. To me, tears are one of the most honest things, and I just enjoyed it, in a way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I was highly impressed with the actress in that part, how she showed Eowyn's deep anguish at her uncle's death. I agree that there is something about tears that is enjoyable and is quite good. Something about being able to cry at beauty and laugh at pain.<BR>SamwiseGamgee, a couple of points you brought up that I had almost forgotten about:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> 'I'm glad you're with me, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things.' a direct quote, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>That part was really, really well done; a beautiful performance by both actors, one of the many parts I cried at. (I, too, cried through almost the whole movie both times I saw it.)<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> 'My friends, you bow for no man.' a wonderful show of respect, very powerful. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>How could I have forgotten that part? It is not directly from the book, but it certainly is in the spirit of the part where Aragorn confuses Frodo and Sam by kneeling before them in reverence. If I hadn't been crying about nearly every other part of the movie, I would have been there.