Thread: Painful beauty
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 09:39 PM   #33
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree with all those already mentioned. One thing that especially has an affect on me is the music for LotR. Even when I'm just listening to the soundtrack, sometimes I feel like I'm going to explode from the beauty of it all. One part I especially love is when in Moria, you see the shot of the stairs falling to the side. I don't know why, but it's just so beautiful. Also, if we see Sam having to dump his pots and pans down a crack in Mordor in RotK:EE, I will be sobbing uncontrollably. That has always been one of the saddest parts of the book to me. I also abosolutely LOVE Aragorn's speech before the Morannon. It makes me want to go fight by his side. Another thing is the words that come up on the screen during the RotK trailer: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>There can be no triumph<BR>Without loss<BR>No victory<BR>Without suffering<BR>No freedom<BR>Without sacrifice <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It has now become my motto. Also, <I>Into the West</I> always makes me incredibly sad. I think everything on this thread is best described in Galadriel's words "Beautiful and terrible as the dawn." <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I know I personally would go to ME like a flash. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Wouldn't we all.*sigh* <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Knight of Gondor, when the occasion spoken of in your signature happens, we will understand the real meaning of tears and of beauty, I think. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, we will.