View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 11:37 PM   #5
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Cut most of the middle scenes, including:<P>Theoden's rather bizarre exorcism<BR>the warg riders' battle, <BR>Aragorn's fall and near-death experience, <BR>the Arwen dream sequence (everything we needed to know about that was covered in the discussion with Elrond)<BR>Aragorn's scouting of Isengard's army (we can assume the scouting would've already been done by scouts)<BR>Merry, Pippin's "we wanna go SOUTH" scene<P>Replace with:<P>more of Eomer,<BR>some indications of NOBILITY and bravery in King Theoden (instead of telling Aragorn off all the time, why not show a little unity, and maybe even fighting?)<BR>the Eorlingas' ride to Isengard<BR>Ent draught and an extended destruction of Isengard scene, to include aftermath and the arrival of the Eorlingas<BR> <BR>For a stronger close and to save time in general, cut:<P>the superfluous and exhausting Galadriel monologue, <BR>the numerous extra close-ups of Wood's big, frightened eyes<BR>the repeated images of the terrified women and children of Rohan before and during Helm's Deep<P>Replace with:<P>the rejoining of the Fellowship at the shattered Isengard followed by "the voice of Saruman", Pippin's Palantir mistake and the night ride to Minas Tirith.<P>When Faramir says, "Here is where I show my character" (I can't remember the exact words, but it was something like that), he really should show his character and release them, after the Forbidden Pool scene, complete with his shifty eyes to show his doubts. With the Osgiliath scene cut, there'll be enough time to include the crossroads and the fallen statue of the king there.<BR>Minas Morgul can be saved for RotK.<p>[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: The Silver-shod Muse ]
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote