View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #32
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Greetings, Kalimac! You're right, Faramir has to get shot in time to push Denethor over the edge, so he probably won't be up and around in time to take over the city. My guess is they'll ignore the power vacuum in the movie because I really don't think Imrahil is going to show up. ...Or maybe Gandalf or Aragorn will just take over while Faramir's ill.<P>I found a link to the cast list on another thread and already one of my predictions is wrong. Ghan-buri-ghan *will* make an appearance in RotK. The list wasn't complete, but there wasn't any mention of Beregond or the others. Maybe Pippin will have to hold the torches at bay by himself. It's a shame -- I really liked Beregond. (But I am excited if it means I get to see more Faramir!)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The scene isn't nearly as frightening with Denethor threatening to immolate just himself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That made me laugh! I think most people would encourage him, poor man!<P>HCIsland, I bet you're right about the Paths of the Dead. I didn't think of the foreshadowing at Helm's Deep, but it makes perfect sense. Do you think Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas will skip Isengard, then? It would be odd for them to ride out of Helm's Deep to Isengard and then ride back. Yay, maybe we'll get to see Legolas and Gimli doing cave-appreciation!<P>As for Saruman's fate, someone mentioned it on the RotK spoilers thread, so you can go there to find out. I stopped reading that thread after I found out because I realized I don't want to know exactly what's going to happen until I see the movie. Speculation is fine, but I want a little bit of surprise waiting for me! That's one good (?) side-effect of the much-debated changes in the movie: I never knew exactly how things were going to happen. The Harry Potter movies generated a teeny bit of boredom by being so close to the books -- maybe outrage isn't so bad after all. <P>-Lily