View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #39
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

The more I think about it, the more I become convinced that Faramir will play a bigger role in the movie than he did in the book. If he was changed in order to have some "story-arc" that means there has to be some story devoted to him. Anyway, who else will represent the noble side of Gondor?<P>I wonder: who will rescue him on the battlefield if there are no Swan Knights? I hope it's Gandalf and not Eowyn.<P>HCIsland, your idea is intriguing. Smeagol winning out over Gollum in the end would make a very poignant finish to his tale of woe. With Frodo as far gone as he probably will be by that point, it'll reassure the audience that he too can overcome the Ring's influence.<P>Oh, I just had a horrible mental image of Smeagol's death scene playing out like Anakin Skywalker's in that other Return of the Something movie:<P>Smeagol: Luke -- I mean Frodo -- tell your gardener... you were right about me... *cough* *expire*<P>Frodo: Father!<P>Oh, no, wait. The lava would make that impossible. <P>I think the field of Cormallen is going to get absorbed into the Wedding Scene, but I still hope to hear one of my favorite lines there:<P>"O great glory and splendour! All my wishes have come true!" <P>-Lily