Thread: Stupid Elf
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 03:23 PM   #102
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

At Helm's Deep there were many Elven archers on the battlements, meaning there were probably/theoretically (since we never see such a thing) also stores of arrows present.<P>The problem with "I'm just gonna go pickup some arrows now" is that 1) Legolas' arrows are quite a distance so he would be picking up Uruk-hai arrows if anything 2) Uruk's used the <B>crossbow</B> at Helm's Deep, and crossbow bolts are fundamentally different in size, shape, weight from those of a longbow, practically unusable. If the Uruk's did use a bow more like Lurtz in FotR, can you picture those arrows on Legolas' bow? I would think he would have a hard time being so 'perfect' with those. <P>That is the problem with making Legolas' shooting perfect - it's unbelievable. Always a heart shot or a head shot? And except for 'olympic-runner-uruk' they ALL drop with one arrow -So how come it took 3 of Lurtz's mammoth shots to down Boromir? I can see the 3 to take out Boromir, if in turn it takes more damage to bring those big, bad Uruks to collapse. Not one-shot-kills from those tiny arrows Legolas uses, with such a nonexistant head/bard that he can use them like skinny daggers, sheesh.<P>And the Horse thing....blecchhh... and just previous to that when he shoots his first shot at the Wargs, he kills the rider and the Warg with ONE shot! Not one shot each, ONE shot...<P>That Legolas... <P>[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Tar-Palantir ]<p>[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Tar-Palantir ]