View Single Post
Old 04-07-2002, 02:37 AM   #23
Kalla
Haunting Spirit

Kalla has just left Hobbiton.
Hmmm...well, personally I liked the movie a lot, but there are two reasons for that. One, I loved the book, so anything about it I love, even the stupid cartoon which is HORRIBLE!! Second, I think the actors, for the MOST part, really portrayed how they were in the book, except perhaps Sam and Frodo. The great thing about the book was it was just that, a book, so each person can imagine and take from it what they will and what has meaning to their soul. Movies put a picture to those words, and especially if we have preconceived ideas of how it should be, they can let us down or astonish us. I think Jackson did a good job especially if you look at other attempts to create such an epic movie. Even though it's one person's interpretation of the book, what WAS preserved from the story in making it a movie was that you can still take from the it what you will and imagine even greater things in your heart. But that is just my opinion.

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Kalla is offline   Reply With Quote