View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 09:10 PM   #13
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I think many people can't deal with the fact that someone who nearly molested their ickle Frody-kins still isn't considered "bad." <P>I think that Boromir was one of the noblest, most devoted characters that I had the pleasure of meeting in LotR. When we normally think of nobility or devotion, we immediately think of Aragorn or Sam. We have to realize that there are other forms of devotion, and even loyalty and devotion can lead a person down a wrong path. Pardon my use of a cliche, but the road to hell is indeed paved with good intentions. Boromir's extreme nobility, loyalty, and devotion to Gondor was what led him to his "fall." We shouldn't fault him for that. Rather, we should remember him for his glorious repentance. He gave his life in a just cause and he shall be remembered for it.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote