View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 08:57 PM   #13
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, the stair scene is quite unrealistic and I felt it was very unnecessary. Sure it filled some time, but I would have prefered some more funky shots of the amazing staircases of Moria. My brother was also extremely horrified at that staircase scene, especially the dwarf joke and the "lean forward" haha.<P>Actually, what's really quite funny, is that if you watch the movie, you'll notice the pillar that Frodo and Aragorn are on will tilt to such a degree that no tilting done by two people would cause it to move in any other direction other than the one it is so severely tilted in. Plus, even if they did manage to tilt it, the pillar crashing into the other staircase with that amount of force would have caused the remainder of the staircase to crumble, or at least send Aragorn and Frodo flying a few more feet than they did!<P>As for the bridge scene, I liked it. I also cried my eyes out in the book and the movie. Maybe the Fellowship hesistated because they were in a severe shock at what had just happened...I mean, not only had they just seen Gandalf battle with this immensely powerful demon, but they had seen their guide and mentor fall! They probably could not believe their eyes until it was too late...maybe. Anyways, I always thought it was a rather emotional sequence, especially with Frodo's final cry "Gandalf...NOOO!!"<p>[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: Vardadurwen ]

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote