View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 04:34 AM   #73
Gryphon Hall
Animated Skeleton

Gryphon Hall has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Gryphon Hall
Tolkien

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a spoof. <A HREF="http://www.twotowersprotest.org" TARGET=_blank>The Two Towers Protest</A> site still exists. You see, I've never seen the petition and tried to find it, also using the link on this thread, but I didn't. Somehow, it was taken off Petition Online. So I never got to have the laughs that most of you had.<P>But the above site seems to be a serious site inspired by that petition, bogus or not. <A HREF="http://www.twotowersprotest.org/who.htm" TARGET=_blank>This is the link.</A><P>Furthermore, it states this:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> We believe that the events that took place on Sept 11th 2001 gave America a chance for greater sensitivity. This is something that many people believe has been missing for a long time in the United States. The Spiderman movie which was released in 2002 had the images of the two towers removed from the movie. This sentiment was greatly appreciated by the Two Towers Protest Organization. We would like to see this kind of sentiment put towards the renaming of "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" to something which would be more appropriate considering the events which transpired on Sept 11th 2001. The name of this movie will undoubtedly cause a return of the emotions felt on Sept 11th which left so many people in the nation feeling stunned and in a state of shock. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A lot of you have already expressed the idiocity of statements such as these; I agree with all of you.<P>In fact, I believe we should remind people of 9/11 as often as we could. I am not American and I may be wrong, but it has only been two years and I get the distinct impression that people have 'gone on' just too well. So much so that the rights of terrorists are being defended again. Even if the LotR movies, especially TTT, would remind us of 9/11, I don't see it as a bad thing.<P>Ah, this has nothing to do with the books, he-he. So I stop (just had to have my say, sorry.)
Gryphon Hall is offline   Reply With Quote