View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 07:06 PM   #15
Amarinth
Wight

Amarinth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i checked out the oscars website and ttt actually got nominated in six categories -- <B>best picture, sound, sound editing, art direction, visual effects and film editing</B>.<P>folks in the other oscar thread were right -- since fotr got cinematography and score last year it didn't even get nominated in these categories this year.<P>i'm not really surprised with the lean reap ttt got, not even with the snubbing of pj. there is some politics involved in these awards too -- i wouldn't be surprised if strong insular sentiments in the u.s., what with the country at the verge of war, has had some influence in the selection process this year. of course, this notwithstanding some of the weaker points of ttt as outlined in the other oscar thread (yo maril ), in regards to which ttt actually did pull off more than expected.<P>now film editing for ttt -- that is surprising. i keep reading horror stories about how terrible the editing went and came out.<P>peace, my fellow downers <p>[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Amarinth ]