View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 07:12 PM   #9
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Well, we've all seen it now. What Oscars do you think ROTK will win, and what do you want it to win? <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1266/view/11690" TARGET=_blank>Here's</A> a list of all of the categories that are being campaigned for. <P>I would personally love to see Sean Astin win Best Supporting Actor, and of course Best Director for PJ and Best Picture for ROTK. I've been to some Oscar prediction sites, and it seems that most everyone, acclaimed movie critic or otherwise, is fairly positive that ROTK will win at least one of the two "big" awards. And there aren't many real threats to its success, either, especially since I heard that Cold Mountain was snubbed at some award-thing-or-other. Beyond that, I think it will easily win most of the technical awards.<P>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the nominations will be announced on January 29th, followed by the ceremony itself on February 26th. Don't count on those dates, though, as I'm going by memory.<P>EDIT: Typed Chicago when I meant Cold Mountain. Don't mind me.<p>[ 10:38 PM January 18, 2004: Message edited by: Luthien_ Tinuviel ]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote