View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 12:35 PM   #99
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't see that anyone has answered Frodo Baggins' question yet about Brad Dourif, so I, an inveterate fan of Babylon 5, shall do so in part at least: Brad played a murderer turned monk in the third season episode "Passing Through Gethsemane." It is a wonderful episode with an outstanding acting job by Dourif!<P>Let's see, some other movies that I enjoyed with my favorite LOTR actors:<BR>Sean Astin: Harrison Bergeron (based on a Kurt Vonnegut short story-quite an interesting film!)<BR>Christopher Lee: gotta give another mention to Gormenghast! Someone mentioned it earlier, but Lee IS Mr. Flay! A must see!<BR>Ian McKellen: Richard III, Gods and Monsters, Restoration<BR>Elijah Wood: Radio Flyer (just remember a wagon flying off a cliff...)<BR>John Rhys-Davies: Sliders, a pretty cool TV series! And great as Macro in I, Claudius! Also who can forget John Hurt's Caligula?<BR>Ian Holm: Brazil (Terry Gilliam at his weirdest!), also Ian played Frodo in the BBC LOTR adaptation for radio!<BR>Peter Jackson (OK, not an actor): Meet the Feebles-the oddest live action puppetry --so different from LOTR I can't even BEGIN to tell you! You've just GOT to see it!<P>I'll end now, I"m sure there's lots more out there!<BR>Cheers,<BR>Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote